Beach helps you and your friends discover, save and share travel content. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information that you provide
- Information that you provide when using our services. This includes information you provide when you:
- register, subscribe or connect to use any of our services.
- search or download any of our services on an app store, web store or website.
- rate, recommend or invite others to join our services.
- share data via social media and other functions.
- enter a competition, promotion or survey.
- provide feedback on or report a problem with any of our services.
- Information that you provide when corresponding with us. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you and your device. When you use our services we may automatically collect the following information:
- Destination information. Beach’s user experience is based on a framework of travel destinations. This information includes the destinations you have activated and your level of interaction with those destinations.
- Device information. This includes technical information such as the type of device, the operating system, the type of browser, network information and the timezone and other settings. It may also include one or more unique identifiers such as the IMEI number, MAC address, IP address or phone number of the device, network or network interface.
- Log information. This includes details of your use of any of our services including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data or resources that you access.
- Content information. This includes information stored on your device or accessible via your social media network and other service providers, including contact information, login information, friends lists, social media actions, photos, videos or other digital content. You will be asked to give consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent.
- Location information. This includes information generated by GPS or other technologies supported by your device that enable us to determine your current location. You will be asked to give consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent.
Information we may collect from other sources
To help us deliver our services to you, we may work with third parties including business partners, consultants, contractors, social media networks, advertising networks, platform providers, data analysis providers, search information providers and other service providers. We may receive information from them about you.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Basic features. Your information enables us to distinguish you from other users so that when you use our services we can save, process and retrieve your data. Information about the device you are using helps us present content to you in the most effective format.
- Advanced features. We need to connect you to your social media accounts to connect you with your friends on the relevant network and to enable you, when you chose to do so, to interact with those friends and use social media functions embedded in our services. We need to connect you to your accounts with other service provider accounts to enable you, when you chose to do so, to synchronise or share your data.
- Development features. Your information will influence product development. At the moment we are developing hotel and flight price comparison features. These features require information about your location or your locality and your destination information to deliver relevant pricing information.
- Performance improvement. Your information helps us improve the performance of our services.
- Content selection. Your information helps us identify content that is relevant to you and content that is popular across all users.
- Data analysis. Data analysis performed on your information helps us develop marketing campaigns to find new users. Data analysis also supports business strategy, funding strategy and other corporate activities.
- Contacting you. We may contact you to notify you about updates or changes to our services. We may also like to share with you information about other products or services and promotions. You can unsubscribe.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers. However, we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, over 5000 users have activated Prague as a destination). We may also use anonymous aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, under 21s who have activated Ibiza as a destination).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to a partner or any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the event that we take significant investment from an investor, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective investor.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our services. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your device using application data caches, browser web storage (including HTML5) or other technology.
Information about us
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Beach Media Limited of Willoughby House, 439 Richmond Road, Richmond TW1 2AG, United Kingdom.
Thank you for visiting Beach by beachapp.com.